ASIS Chapter 162 is located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and encompasses the cities of Calgary, Airdrie, Red Deer, Medicine Hat, and Lethbridge, and the communities of Banff, Bragg Creek, Cochrane, Crossfield, Drumheller, Innisfail, Langdon, Okotoks, Strathmore, and Turner Valley. The Chapter Membership is made up of security professionals dedicated to protecting the assets of a diverse group of businesses, private organizations and government agencies. The Chapter is led by an Executive Leadership Team, nominated and elected from the Chapter members. Members are kept informed of the many activities of ASIS International Headquarters and the Chapter via This website and regular email notifications. The Chapter has representatives involved with Legislative, Membership, Programs, Certification Program (CPP), Communications, Community Service, Law Enforcement Liaison, Mentorship, and Webmaster.
Our luncheon meetings are every third Thursday each month except July and August. Members also meet socially for a golf day in August and a Mix-and-Mingle luncheon in December. For luncheon reservations please visit our Main welcome page.
Join our Chapter
Please note that ASIS Chapter 162 is pleased to announce the end of local chapter dues effective September 1st 2014. This move is being done for two reasons:
1) To simplify the tracking of membership in ASIS as we will only need to see your ASIS Membership card from now on.
2) To bring the local Chapter #162 in-line with other chapters in Canada, whom do not charge local membership dues.
What this means to you as a current Local and International Member, depends on the following conditions:
- A) If you have paid up your membership this month, we will credit the $20 towards the next luncheon you attend.
- B) If you are still valid from a previous payment, we will continue to honour the $10 discount up and until the December luncheon (i.e. you have 3 months of $10 discount opportunities left).
- C) If your local membership has just recently expired, show us your ASIS International membership card and you will still receive the $10 discount up to and including December 2014 luncheon.
What will happen in the future:
- i) Starting at the January Luncheon 2015, we will be charging $40 for attendees and offering a $10 discount to any card carrying ASIS International Member (just show us your card to get the discount).
We hope that this change will be a positive one for all members and attendees to the luncheons moving forward and as per usual, if you have any concerns or questions about how this change may affect you and/or comments regarding the change, please feel free to contact any of the ASIS executive committee members and we will be glad to work with you on addressing any issues regarding local and International membership and/or fees charged.